Both of commercial and non-commercial websites need the Contact page because it is one of the best ways to get in touch with website visitors. Fortunately, Joomla has a default component that allows you to create a simple Contact Us page with just a few clicks.
Create a Contact item
In the Admin Panel, go to Components > Contacts then hit the button to create a new Contact page.
Write all the information that you want to show on the Contact Us page. Make sure that you entered a valid e-mail. Once the information are filled, click on Save button.
It’s been three months since we said goodbye to Joomla 2.5. Upgrading your website to Joomla 3 has become an urgent task now. Clearly, not all of you are Joomla experts but the migration from Joomla 2.5 to 3.x is not complex if you follow the guidance steps carefully.
1. Create a backup of your website
Creating a backup of your website before the update is to avoid any problem that might happen. Among many extensions. Akeeba Backup stands out with it is simple and easy for an end user to use.
Now you create a test site or area to restore the backup copy of your Joomla 2.5 website. It is strongly recommended that you should try on a test site first. You should restore your site on a subdomain, a subdirectory or a local device via WAMP, MAMP, LAMP, XAMPP.
2. Update your website to the latest version of Joomla 2.5
To view the current Joomla version, check your Control Panel. If you see the note: Joomla! is up-to-date, you are ready to upgrade. If your site is not using the latest version of Joomla 2.5, you need to update first.
10 Mar 2015
With the upcoming release of Joomla 4.0, it is time for us to say goodbye at Joomla 2.5. Almost 3 years ago, Joomla 2.5 was released, this is the first version to run on other database beside MySQL. And it’s also more than 2 months since the day Joomla! team discontinued support for Joomla 2.5. So for us, sooner or later, we still need to get rid of this outdated version to focus completely on developing and improving timely extensions.
At this moment, all products created up to date still support Joomla 2.5 native, but support for any new issues will be limited. Updated versions and new products going forward will now only support Joomla 3.x and later versions. If you have website(s) running on Joomla 2.5, we suggest that you should make the upgrade to at least Joomla 3.0 to continue getting our professional technical support.
Step-by-step guideline on how to migrate from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.x is available here. Click here to read
Let’s share your thoughts on this event. We’d love to hear your voice!
Joomla users come from different countries all over the world and many of them don’t speak English. To benefit more users and contribute to Joomla community, we are calling translation works for all ExtStore extensions.
I like to contribute my translations
If you like to contribute your language files as a translator for our Joomla extensions, we would be more than happy to accept you! Being a part of this project, you will enjoy special benefits from us. We will select high quality translation works to publish on the official ExtStore website.
Cool! Where should I begin?
You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention which language you would like to translate. If you have any query, please feel free to send your questions to the same email address.
27 Feb 2015
Joomla has been quickly scaling past several success milestones in the race to becoming one of the best CMS, and a lot of the success has come because of the awesome, top rated, and best of extensions for Joomla. Whether it’s about managing SEO aspects of the Joomla website, or fine-tuning the social networking appeal of the same, you will never be far from a top notch Joomla extensions.
28 Jan 2015
You have a question about ExtStore product, but don’t know what to do? No need to worry! With smooth support process, you can find the best answer quickly and easily.
While waiting for next changes of ExtStore services in the coming year, you can browse through the following Infographic. Hope you could find useful information and know how the process works.
10 Jan 2015
One more year passed away and we’re so happy to say that we had an incredible time in the past 12 months. 2014 was obviously one of our most energetic years since we had taken a big step forward with dozens of new products and related services. Now we should spend a little time to look back what we have done together in the past 365 days.
36 Joomla extensions and constant updates
We welcomed 2014 Advanced Portfolio Pro – a powerful component with strong gallery supports. After that, it is followed by 3 more commercial products during the year.
- 11 Joomla components: Downloads Pro and Advanced Poll appeared as great options for your Joomla sites. Especially Media Store became the favorite choice among ExtStore fans because of unique and amazing features.
- 10 Joomla modules: Our modules brought the neat Accordion menu to business websites based on Virtuemart, HikaShop and Joomla content categories. Furthermore, we made a cool approach on the popular social networking sites with free modules for Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- 15 Joomla plugins: Most of them are free. These lightweight but useful tools have been adored and chosen by many Joomla users.
And of course, everyone who owns previous products also felt pleased with constant updates and new features from ExtStore Team.
Along with Joomla products, we subsequently offered more extra supports for clients. Here are the most noticeable remarks in 2014:
- New Demo: Being built on materials of three former demo sites, new Joomla 3 demo allows users to experience all product features in the finest way.
- Documentation and Blog: All the products are accompanied with full documentation. Blog posts are also regularly published to provide users with useful tips or latest updates.
- We keep the tight connection with dear customers via: Support Ticket, Live Chat, social networking sites and emails.
- Many promotion campaigns had launched during the year, especially Thanksgiving Customer Survey and Mega Sale events.
What’s next in 2015?
- New logo & website design is an interesting improvement of ExtStore, bringing new UX experience to customers.
- More new products, promotion deals and extra services.
- Smoother customer service workflow.
23 Dec 2014
Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year!
As a professional Joomla extension provider, ExtStore has developed many popular components such as Advanced Portfolio Pro, Advanced Poll and Media Store. Now, Christmas party is so close to us, ExtStore is super exciting to introduce the biggest sale promotion of the year – Mega Sale X’mas 2014. From 23 December 2014 to 3 January 2015 12:00 (GMT), enter EXMAS20 during checkout to get 20% off your purchase on ExtStore (the coupon is not available for Mega Bundles).
12 Dec 2014
Holiday spirit is spreading in the air. What have you done to prepare for this Christmas? Are you buying present wrappers or reading the Yule Log recipe? Well, just stop thinking about red-and-green ornaments in some minutes and check our list. Perhaps you can find a great item for your Joomla house here.